National Resources for Teachers
We hope you find the following resources helpful to your students who seek out assistance from you on matters beyond school. If they are in crisis or they want to help a friend or family member, each resource will either be able to help them personally or point them in the right direction. If you need additional assistance, please call our hotline at 800-587-4357.
National Runaway Safe Line >>
- Provides confidential and nonjudgmental support. Each team member has been trained to handle a crisis, provide support, and listen.
- Provides confidential support to anyone in crisis; you do not have to be suicidal to call. People have called the Lifeline for help with substance abuse, economic worries, relationship and family problems, sexual orientation, illness, getting over abuse, depression, mental and physical illness, and even loneliness.
1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453) – Push 1 to talk to a counselor
- Provides confidential support with the goal of meeting the physical, emotional, educational, and spiritual needs of abused, neglected, and at-risk children and teens.
1-888-373-7888 or SMS: 233733 (Text “HELP” or “INFO”)
- Provides confidential support to anyone needing help and can discuss creating a safety plan to anyone who may be in a trafficking situation.
- Provides confidential support to anyone impacted by sexual assault including those who have been assaulted as well as their loved ones.