If Your Child Runs Away or Goes Missing

  • Immediately contact your local police agency. They will decide whether to issue an Amber Alert.
  • File a missing persons report--as soon as you discover your child is missing.
  • There is no mandatory waiting period.
  • Then contact the Polly Klaas® Foundation.

Keep The Hope Alive

Report Your Missing Teen, Runaway Teen or Missing Child

This is your time of greatest need. We can provide concrete help:

  • Professional caseworkers with over 30 years collective experience counsel you on ways to search for your child.
  • Create a personalized missing child poster for your child.
  • Post your child's photo and poster on our website.
  • Work directly with the police handling your child’s case.
  • Help you work with your community, law enforcement and the media.
  • Alert the Polly Klaas Rapid Response Team consisting of thousands of volunteers across the country.


24/7 Hot-Line:

  • Talk to a live person: 800-587-4357
  • Report your child missing online, click here.

We've been helping parents find their children since 1993.

Additional child search information: