Polly Klaas Search Center
If Your Child Runs Away or Goes Missing
- Immediately contact your local police agency. They will decide whether to issue an Amber Alert.
- File a missing persons report--as soon as you discover your child is missing.
- There is no mandatory waiting period.
- Then contact the Polly Klaas® Foundation.
Keep The Hope Alive
Report Your Missing Teen, Runaway Teen or Missing Child
This is your time of greatest need. We can provide concrete help:
- Professional caseworkers with over 30 years collective experience counsel you on ways to search for your child.
- Create a personalized missing child poster for your child.
- Post your child's photo and poster on our website.
- Work directly with the police handling your child’s case.
- Help you work with your community, law enforcement and the media.
- Alert the Polly Klaas Rapid Response Team consisting of thousands of volunteers across the country.
- Talk to a live person: 800-587-4357
- Report your child missing online, click here.
We've been helping parents find their children since 1993.
Additional child search information:
- Guidelines for Recovering Missing or Runaway Children
- Guidelines for Recovering Missing Children, including Family Abductions or Parental Abductions
- Parental Consent Form. Please sign and fax to the Polly Klaas® Foundation at 707-769-4019.
- Guidelines for Flyer Creation and Distribution
- Flyer Template — One Child.
- Flyer Template — Two Children.
- Team Hope www.teamhope.org — Assists families with missing, exploited and recovered children by offering peer support including empowerment, emotional support and coping skills from a trained volunteer who has had or still has a missing or exploited child