Raine Howe is a non-profit executive professional specializing in program and fund development. She has nearly 20 years of experience in campaign strategies, project development, marketing, community outreach, donor cultivation, grant writing and administrative roles within non-profit environments.
Former Clients and Employers include: Full Circle Transplant Bank where in 1994 she along with the board of directors, developed the organization from the ground up ultimately increasing donation in Sonoma County by over 300% within the first few years. In 2001 she became the Operations Manager of the League of California Community Foundations, where she organized bi-annual convenings, retreats, programs, and had a lead role in implementing standards for 26 community foundations in the state of California. The standards developed in California then became a model for the nation.
She was recruited to The Parasol Tahoe Community Foundation in 2004 to help transform the organization from a private model to a community foundation model. During her time there she increased community participation in the foundation and funds established grew by 30% in one year. During her time in the Truckee Tahoe region she worked as the Executive Director of Squaw Valley Institute where she increased membership and awareness of the organization, securing grant funds, cultivating new donors and receiving awards from local chamber of commerce and business associations.
In 2007 she worked with the Board of Trustees at the Tahoe Forest Health System, where she conducted a 3.5 million dollar capital campaign for the Incline village hospital campus, resulting in a renovated emergency department. More recently, from 2009 to 2013, she was Arts For the Schools Executive Director where she developed funding strategies to include major grants and played a leadership role in securing public funds for art education, ensuring students within the Tahoe Truckee Unified School District will have access to art education for the next seven years.
Raine has been recruited as the new Executive Director of the Polly Klaas Foundation and looks forward to working with their staff, volunteers, board of directors and the community at large to ensure all children have the information they need to remain safe, and that any family whose child who goes missing, no matter what the circumstances, has the resources they need to help bring them home safely.
Raine is passionate about her community involvement and has been fortunate to live in places that offered volunteer and work experiences which allowed her to grow both personally and professionally since beginning to work with non-profits two decades ago.
Volunteer opportunities and awards include:
- Santa Rosa Leadership Today Graduate
- Social Advocates for Youth (SAY) Teenage Mothers Mentoring Program
- Tahoe Truckee Unified School District Volunteer
- Pop Warner Football and Truckee Wolverines Volunteer
- Incline Village Rotarian / Santa Rosa Lioness
- Truckee Chamber of Commerce Community Leader Award Recipient
- North Lake Tahoe Non-Profit Employee of the Year Recipient
Other accomplishments include:
- Published photography and stories in Moonshine Ink
- Winner photography Sonoma County Juried Showcase / Photography featured in NADA Art Show Reno Nevada
- Published short stories in Literary Journals
- Awards for stories “Drowning” and “Summer in Winters” Sonoma County Copperfield Books “The Dickens”
- Regular columnist in print and online for Sierra Sun and North Lake Tahoe Bonanza