Resources for Middle School and High School Teachers
National Runaway Safeline
- Provides confidential and nonjudgmental support. Each team member has been trained to handle a crisis, provide support, and listen.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Provides confidential support to anyone in crisis; you do not have to be suicidal to call. People have called the Lifeline for help with substance abuse, economic worries, relationship and family problems, sexual orientation, illness, getting over abuse, depression, mental and physical illness, and even loneliness.
Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline
1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453) – Push 1 to talk to a counselor
- Provides confidential support with the goal of meeting the physical, emotional, educational, and spiritual needs of abused, neglected, and at-risk children and teens.
National Human Trafficking Resource Center Hotline
1-888-373-7888 or SMS: 233733 (Text "HELP" or "INFO")
- Provides confidential support to anyone needing help and can discuss creating a safety plan to anyone who may be in a trafficking situation.
National Sexual Assault Hotline
(RAINN – Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network) 1-800-656-HOPE (1-800-656-4673) or Online Hotline Chat
- Provides confidential support to anyone impacted by sexual assault including those who have been assaulted as well as their loved ones.
Current Education Codes
California has been a leader in dealing with the issue of the Sex Trafficking of Minors. Currently, there are a number of laws in the Education Code that allow and/or require schools to provide education to their students and staff about this issue specifically.