The Polly Klaas® Foundation is a national non profit that helps find missing children and prevents children from going missing by promoting public policies, educating the public and providing families, law enforcement and communities with the ongoing support and expertise needed to protect our children.
The Foundation was formed following the 1993 abduction and murder of 12-year-old Polly Klaas, who was kidnapped by a stranger from her Petaluma, California bedroom. Since then, we have helped over 7,100 families with missing children and played an instrumental role in a national campaign that established Amber Alerts in all 50 states and nationally.
- 24 hour call center and response team for information, support and referrals based on our Family Unity Model to ensure children are returned safely to a safe environment.
- Programs to educate children, parents, and the community on the most effective ways to protect endangered children and prevent children from going missing.
- Efforts to advocate, pass, and implement public policies that protect our kids.
- Worldwide distribution of free abduction prevention and Internet safety materials on www.pollyklaas.org.
- A Rapid Response team of eVolunteers who distribute missing child posters in their communities throughout the U.S.
In addition to on-going relationships with law enforcement and other agencies that work to protect children, the Polly Klaas® Foundation also partners with:
- Google Grants, donates in-kind onlne Google Adwords advertising.
- The Child ID Program, provides affordable child and school identification.
- radKIDS, Inc., a personal safety and life skills educational program empowering children to escape violence or harm.
- Take Root, a support organization for adults who were kidnapped by family members as children.
- Buttons of Hope makes photo buttons that can keep a missing child's picture before the eyes of people on the street.
Robert De Leo, Executive Director
Cindy Rudometkin, Response Department Director
Board of Directors
Gary Judd, President
Christina Brennan, Vice President
Stephanie Mango, Treasurer
Marge Ford, Secretary
Eve Nichol, Founder/Mother of Polly Klaas
Funding sources include private gifts, auto donor proceeds and corporate contributions. The Polly Klaas® Foundation receives no government funding.